Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Busy Bee


I have been busy lately with things and more things. We had our 21st Annual National MD/PhD Student Conference on Kara's Birthday weekend (Happy B-day to the biggest sis). Largest turnout ever with 280 registered attendees. It was a hit! I'm still getting compliments. Once I got back from Keystone Alison came to visit and we went to the Stampede, played euchre, went to the Art Fair in Boulder, Went hiking up to St. Mary's Glacier, went fly-fishing, had a fish-fry, saw Pirates of the Carribean II, hiked at the flatirons, and stuff. It was so great to have her in town, I wish she lived out here! Megan is coming to visit next. We're going camping with my lab and hiking a 14er. Then Mom and Randy are coming out for a week. I have lots of visitors planned. As soon as I get a chance I'm going to Roanoke to visit.

Work has been going pretty well. I've been so busy with other things but seem to be getting things accomplished anyway. I have a rotation student which helps. I need to register for the Immunology retreat in Breckinridge and write a grant application but other than that I've been chuggin away trying to get some clones so I can get my vaccine made. I'm having peptides made now so that we can immunize with those until the vaccine is made. Hopefully I can get some results by the time I need to turn in my grant application.

That was a quick catch-up. Next time I'll try and make it more interesting or possibly even funny.

1 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Blogger Kara & Family said...

The blog does not have to be funny. It's just nice to know what you are up to. You are REALLY busy. But you sound like you are the fun type of busy...not the boring work, make dinner, put the kids to bed kind of busy. Can't wait for you to come and visit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home