Thursday, July 27, 2006

Lazy Day in the Lab

Alison at St. Mary's Glacier
So today my big goal is to finish writing my CRI grant application. This would get me $25,000 for next year which actually wouldn't mean much for me but would make my boss really happy. I wouldn't even get a raise but then I can put it on my resume. Isnt' that better anyway? I would get to go to NY again for the Cancer Vaccines Conference and I really want to go to that--especially if we can score some Daily Show tickets!

Monday night I went camping with my lab. I brought Bebo along and he went fishing. Ritsuko, a post-doc, and I were in charge of dinner. I brought brats and buns and condiments. Ritsuko brought baked potatoes, corn on the cob, grilled vegetables (paprika, onions, peppers, and sliced hot dogs), potatoe salad, Inari-sushi (home made & crazy good!), sweet bread, and octopus mushrooms. I haven't downloaded the pictures of our hike up the mountain yet so I'll fill you in on that later.

Yesterday I bought some shelves and a peg board for all my tools. Then I cleaned the basement. You wouldn't believe the difference! I'm pumping myself up to drywall one of the rooms so now that everything is clean I don't have any more excuses not to just do it. Watch out! That's Melanie with a nail gun!!!!

1 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger Spohnz said...

Melanie!
Congratulations on getting your GRANT!
Here's to many more grants in your future! $:)
Mommy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home